/
Callosus • Male • 3 years • Small

learned magics

10 posts • 18 points
Postlog • Threadlog • Plotter

played by Corvus

01-24-2018, 02:53 AM
viktor moroz
Okay, he was lost. At first, it had seemed like an interesting detour and he figured he'd eventually come out on the other side of the mountain. That hadn't happened yet. Viktor had lost track of how long he'd been wandering - now just trying to retrace his steps and really only succeeding in getting himself more lost.

A lifetime spent in the north and one little twinge of curiosity and he'd be dead in the depths of some damn cave. Fantastic. That'd teach him to get carried away and wander off somewhere without leaving a distinct trail. Maybe in a century his bones would be a really awesome rock formation.

Viktor huffed, muttering a near-constant stream of self criticism under his breath as he tried to remember if that wiggly rock was the same wiggly rock he'd seen earlier or if it was a new and equally dull wiggly rock. "Should've marked the walls." It was probably a different rock. He should be able to smell himself somewhere if he'd passed that way before, right?

After a while, frustration built to a breaking point. There was only so long he could wander aimlessly and hope to find some point of light brighter than what he could cast that would lead to an exit. Which meant one of his rapidly dwindling options was, of course, to swallow his pride (or lack thereof) make as much noise as possible in the hopes of attracting someone a little more...navigationally inclined. "HELLOOOO???" Lost idiot. Please advise.
code by corvus

Ruth • Rogue OF Isfera
ILL-NATURED
/
Callosus • Female • 2.5yrs • Small

learned magics

13 posts • 27 points

played by KittyKookiez

01-28-2018, 01:35 PM
'HELLOOOO???' She chuckles internally. The woman hadn't been exploring these catacombs long, and was thankful for something else other than dark hallways and the sound of her own purring. She had no magic to see in the dark -- other than what naturally was a part of her from birth, if anybody considered it magic. Being a feline, she could more easily see through the darkness that she so enjoyed. The logical woman navigated cautiously throughout the cavern, occasionally stopping to rub her scent along the walls, and making sure not to rely too much on sight should the darkness of the caves prove too much. She had already been coincidentally walking towards wherever the voice came from, and continues to do so.

But then, an idea comes to mind. She wondered whether the darkness, the emptiness, the loneliness that the caves provided were enough to make the man question himself. Keeping her distance, away from the light that she portrayed, she tries to make her best impression on what little of his voice she heard. "Hello?" what comes out doesn't sound much like the man (or masculine-sounding female, if she's wrong) if they paid attention, but she's still trying. "This is your inner thoughts, coming to tell you to turn a good one-eighty and walk back to where you came from. You missed something."

She's come up with better pranks, and was honestly coming up with this as she went along. She made sure to hide behind a sharp turn in case the lion decided to follow the direction 'his' voice came from instead, and waited to hear the clicking of claws either retreat or get closer.

Viktor • OF Isfera
GOOD-NATURED
/

learned magics

10 posts • 18 points

played by Corvus

01-31-2018, 01:20 AM
viktor moroz
Maybe dying in a cave wasn't so bad. His bones could lay across the path as a warning for anyone else stupid enough to go exploring without a buddy...or without leaving a trail they could follow back out. Honestly, the frustration was starting to make laying down and waiting for the inevitable more appealing by the moment - until a voice echoed through the caverns. Viktor was not a religious man, but there were rare and extreme circumstances that found him sending a quick and silent thanks to the goddesses. The presence of any other living soul who might be able to lead his lost ass back into daylight and fresh air was one of them.

And then it continued. And the pale beast halted his one-eighty, pausing with one forepaw raised mid-step. A skeptical frown formed, the voice didn't sound like it was coming from his head. And he had plenty of experience with his own inner thoughts (thank you confusing and troublesome cubhood). After a brief hesitation, however, he decided that any voice was better than his own echoes and started toward where it seemed to be originating.

As he moved, the light he'd been emitting dimmed in order to let him focus on trying to sense the presence of another living being. Because either someone was trying to mess with him - in which case, he'd sense them as soon as he got close enough - or he'd finally snapped. "That right? If you're my inner voice, who's my Vater?"
code by corvus

@ Ruth

Ruth • Rogue OF Isfera
ILL-NATURED
/

learned magics

13 posts • 27 points

played by KittyKookiez

01-31-2018, 07:17 PM
Vater? Suddenly, the guy wasn't making a lick of sense. She wasn't sure if it was an accent, or some word she didn't know. In any case, as the clicking of his claws got louder, and her time for playing began to run out, she'd have to think quicker and better. Ruth wasn't very good with pranks, however much she tried. Her skills likely lay somewhere else.

Silently and slowly, she creeps backwards, ensuring her cover isn't blown with the technique of invisibility. Her invisibility was even worse than her mimicry, but her mimicry was only bad because she'd barely heard the guy's voice. However, the more she did, the more it started sounding like him. She would appear as a faint distortion in the air, like the movement of strong heat on a summer's day (or, in better words, a ghost struggling and failing feebly to appear innthe physical world). It likely won't do her much good, but as long as he didn't flash that shine, she'd be in the green.

Suddenly, an idea comes to mind. She grins just slightly. "All right. You got me. You ever heard of the God, Augustus?" If she couldn't convince him he was hearing things, then maybe she can convince him she was some God of death, come to take the souls of those unlucky enough to get lost in the Catacombs. "If you haven't, let me inform you now. I am the God nobody talks about, because I am the God all the others dispise. Those who enter the Catacombs usually never leave. The very few who do have only made it because of my mercy..." she begins. Now her voice, although still mimicking his, grows sad and deep. "You see, I am quite lonely in these halls...banished to never see the light of day again. And so all I can do is wait for an unfortunate soul to wander and enter my trap--a trap they will die in, more or less. I need some other souls to keep me company. Ones that will understand my sorrow, because I have made them feel such.

"You don't look like the best candidate to add to my collection, but I can't be picky."

Viktor • OF Isfera
GOOD-NATURED
/

learned magics

10 posts • 18 points

played by Corvus

02-02-2018, 03:29 AM
viktor moroz
Viktor was a creature accustomed to constantly reading a situation for changes - swift or subtle - that could put him in a bad position. The definitely was not coming from inside his own head, it admitted as much itself. Then it offered a name. He knew there were divine beings, of course, even if he wasn't an active worshiper. After you'd spent your entire life watching something steadily weaken, it was difficult to find the motivation to praise it, after all.

Augustus? "Can't say I have," he hummed, still following the sound, "Doesn't sound very divine to me, though." If it was a god, well, he'd probably find out soon enough. If not, there was no real danger in a little snark.

The voice sounded like his own, but it didn't strike him as odd. He'd known lions in the past who had been able to mimic the voices of others. Hell, he could act as his own light source and sense the presence of others, so impersonating someone else's voice wasn't exactly impressive. It did have a hell of a story worked up though, he'd give points for that.

As the disembodied voice spoke, he drifted toward it, assuming he was closing in on the source as it got louder. "If it's souls you're after, you might be looking in the wrong place." He'd met a few over the years who'd accused him of being some soulless monster because he was different. Rare, and isolated incidents, but it had been enough for a lifetime.

Ah - there. He finally picked up the presence of someone else at the edge of his sensing range and turned toward them. "The light, though, I can probably help with." Which would be about the only warning before a bright flash, likely blinding in the comparative darkness, and a chuckle as it faded and he stared at the place he'd spotted a shimmery outline. "Found ya."
code by corvus

@Ruth

Ruth • Rogue OF Isfera
ILL-NATURED
/

learned magics

13 posts • 27 points

played by KittyKookiez

02-05-2018, 07:42 PM
He was stalling. She could tell. The clicking of his claws gave away his position with every step. She had room to back up, but she didn't. Why? Because it didn't matter--what would have happened is, he follows her voice all the way to the entrance, and then all her fun was over. Or, she could remain silent, still trying her not-very-good attempt at camouflage, and hope he didn't flash his magic light long enough for her to jumpscare him.

Her plans are foiled the moment his words reveal his attention. Eyes widen at the realization, but it's too late to do anything but close them shut, which is all she manages to do just before the blinding flash can make her eyes sore. Her body ducks just slightly out of instinct, half of her mind telling her that this was some attack (after all, even the most friendly of people could turn out a cold-blooded murderer), and she does a half-lunge, stopping herself just short of his legs a mere foot away. "Damnit." the girl mutters loud enough for him to hear, disappointed in herself for the fail of a prank.

She'll get him next time. No matter how long it took.

Her eyes look up to him, frame no longer camouflaged with the use of her magic, and she looks up at him as her body rises out of her almost-defensive stance. In terms of shape and size, they looked quite similar, yet his eyes had to at least be two different colors from what she could see, and her pelt possessed a more solid, bluish shade. He looked cute--but not handsome. There was a difference in her mind. "You got me." she says. "Again."

He could leave now if he wanted to. All he had to do was follow her scent. But under the assumption he was still interested in engaging in conversation, she'd stay and follow him. The rogue had nothing better to do.

Viktor • OF Isfera
GOOD-NATURED
/

learned magics

10 posts • 18 points

played by Corvus

02-11-2018, 02:47 AM
viktor moroz
After the flash, his light would fade to a dim glow. The kind of deceptively soft light you can't really detect unless you're not looking directly at it. That flare had taken more effort than he was ready to admit in the presence of someone who'd just tried to convince him they were some forgotten god. Another few minutes and it would fade entirely and leave him stumbling in the dark if he didn't get out of the caves soon.

Viktor grinned lightly, though, quite pleased with himself and less pleased with her half-attempt at an attack. All he would do in retaliation would be to lift his paw and lean forward to try and lightly tap her on the nose (being mindful of his claws, of course). Boop. "Is that any way to greet a stranger?" Yeah, he'd flash-bombed her, but she'd started the prank thing and a bright light hardly deserved a violent response.

His paw would return to the stone floor as she straightened up, and his grin widened as she spoke again. "Yep. Seeing as the score's two-to-zip, how about you lead me outta here and I don't tell anyone about your blasphemous attempt to impersonate a god." After he was out under open sky again, he could turn his attention to other things. As it was, Viktor had spent more than enough time underground for a few months. He needed a clear view of open sky, a nice breeze through his fur, and the knowledge he definitely wasn't going to starve and die and become a neat rock formation. At least not today.
code by corvus

@Ruth

Ruth • Rogue OF Isfera
ILL-NATURED
/

learned magics

13 posts • 27 points

played by KittyKookiez

02-11-2018, 01:22 PM
'Is that any way to greet a stranger?' Yes, if it seemed like you were about to attack me. But the brief moment of instinct they had was gone as fast as it came, and was placed near the back of her mind when his paw retreated back. She could see the grin on his face, and wondered whether it was because he thought her joke was genuinely funny, or because he was laughing at her and not with her.

Well, she wasn't laughing, so to speak, but she considered her joke amusing. Her ears perk when he begins to speak of some non-existent scoring, trying to use that as a reason to lead him out, while also revealing that her prank attempt wasn't very good. The small smile that had begun to form on her face instantly left her in a comedic fashion. "Blasphemous?" she repeats as if she's insulted; but her tone tells that this is merely an exaggeration meant for play. "I can be a God if I really wanted to." and then, in another fake fit of insult, she rises her chin and closes her eyes, giving off her most boastful impression, whilst still attempting to make it seem comedic.

"I don't think you deserve to be let out the way. But seeing as Ruth here is so kind and merciful, she will humbly lead you the way." her body turns but her chin does not fall. She waits for the man to stand beside her before they walk. And under the assumption he did, she would begin her pace. Yet, just before she can take two steps, she stops. "Oh wait. You have to provide me something with which I will gladly enjoy receiving first. Your name, and...a tuft of your hair." the second part was a lie, but she was quite curious for his reaction.

"I would like to bind it to one of my flesh-dolls." she adds.

affiliates & credits